ABOUT

Hello! I'm an art/film student and I currently reside in California. This is pretty much a notebook or corkboard to bounce ideas off of. Feel free to comment on any entry. Specific emails can be directed to archaelin@yahoo.com.

A THOUGHT

ARCHIVES

NOTABLE FOLKS

-Boo
-DeadShark
-Frog
-Pookie
-Amethyst

MISC LINKS

-The Scroll
-Dispatch
-MacKenzie
-Blogger

Layout by: ...betsy!

Monday, March 28, 2005
the deeper meaning

oh boy... just ate some poppy seed cake and am feeling somewhere between hyper, pukey, sleepy, headachey, and homework-dreaking... lovely... anyway, here's a poem i wrote earlier today and last night. enjoy!


the deeper meaning


underneath my eyes
flickering in the wind
of my thoughts as they race
trying to get ahead in my mind,
battling it out to be in front,
a flame glows blue.

I don't really speak much
anymore
so I leave it to my words,
my letters, my inked sentences
penned or sketched,
so you can see inside.

mouth dried out,
noiseless now,
all it tastes is my own breath
stale and bitter as I sleep.

sometimes
in my dreams
I sing.

put out the flame!
put it out out out!
and let the coals burn to a dead red,
cold orange, or lifeless black.
The candles wicks are cut,
the lens in front grown foggy,
pale and grey,
expressionless.

blinded, colorless,
plain and immoving,
they stare straight ahead,
listening to the words I write,
the words that are never spoken
by the dream-speaker.

Open the mouth!
Speak! Sing! Scream!
Let it all out!
Strain and stretch,
crack the windows,
the resounding shatter breaks the voice.

Now the wetted tongue lolls
over every babbling word,
every mindless chattering,
and meaningless sentences dribble out
irrational and dumb.

Dull-eyed and mumbling,
the empty shell goes on,
nothing left inside,
all extinguished.
Nothing hidden in the corner of the
once grinning mouth,
hiding secret words,
secret smiles in the dark.

Nothing behind those
once burning eyes,
with life, play, tricks,
and twinkling in the sun and stars.

Archaelin at 6:31 PM

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


=== think about it ===